A number of years ago my sister-in-law gave my wife a book about ADHD, hmm- coincidence… and upon finishing the blasted thing, she came to the conclusion that I fell into one of the five…or are there six…typical ADHD categories. I’m “inattentive”- thank you very much. I was mildly offended for a week or two, which prompted me to begin my quest to disprove her silly notion. I’ll sum up the following six months by just saying that I am indeed an ADHD survivor! Since beginning my treatments (a little pill in the morning) my life has been remarkably different, and mostly for the best. I don’t lose my car keys anymore. I’m much quieter in public settings. I don’t doze off when speaking to my sweetheart for more than thirty seconds. I don’t look for excuses to go do something else…anything other than what I am doing. The list could go on for days, and maybe sometime I’ll fill you in on some of the other things, but that is not the purpose of this post.
Since beginning my “treatment” there have been a few occasions here and there where, for various reasons, we have been unable to fill the prescription. This past week has been one of those times and, although I would rather be “on something”- here are the top ten reasons this week has been a fun walk down memory lane.
1. It’s fun to be obnoxious!
2. The creative juices flow freely.
3. Daydreaming is far more productive.
4. No energy is wasted doing anything efficiently.
5. Being forgetful is… hold that thought… it’s coming back… endearing?
6. Spontaneity is my favorite pastime again.
7. Consequences are a nebulous futuristic impossibility.
8. Everyone likes being teased, despite what they say.
This is where I got distracted by something shiny over there…
9. Social norms are for simpletons and fun suckers!
10. The ability to sit and be asleep in seconds is truly a gift.
11. Complete chaos is a form of organization- right?
I was going to put them all in order, but that would have required some amount of organizational ability. Which reminded me that I needed to add (haha get it- add is spelled a.d.d… hahaha hmmm) another item to my list, hence my list grew to be My Top Ten or so Reasons That…you know.
Here is where I have a smile on my face for actually starting and finishing a task by myself! Yay me!!